This is a Motorola Coldfire Emulator
The latest version is 0.3.1
Things to note:
Things it can do:
- It boots uClinux! Get binaries from
The uClinux coldfire binary download page.
- I made a quick howto to make it run, for
those unfamiliar with a coldfire chip and who just want to make Linux run
on Linux. :)
- A quick howto to build a cross compiler
- It is GPL'ed
- Use at own risk
- It is written on linux, so will probably work the best on linux
- It will compile on windows using the Cygwin compiler.
- ECE354 and ECE222 students at U of Waterloo: Start it with 'coldfire --board boards/cjdesign-5307.board' to get the emulator to load the board layout that matches the coldfires in our labs.
When the emulator starts, it will print two TCP port numbers.
- What can't it do? Use KitchenSync (Plug for KDE, eventhough I'm an FVWM person) for the rest.
- Seriously, just about everything in the ColdFire 5206 chip and on the eval board now.
- Support is being added for the 5206e/5307 processor, and even more board layouts. Umm.. where 'even more' is defined as being greater than one.
These correspond to serial port 1 and 2, telnet to these ports if you want to see output.